Vetro is a fully-functioning and operational glassblowing studio. The artists offer an educational experience by allowing the public to view their regular production whenever possible. Please note that the studio hours are different from the gallery hours. The studio hours posted below change regularly so call or check this page before planning your visit. Admission is free to the general public.
GALLERY & STUDIO HOURS
The Vetro Gallery is open throughout the year, but the Studio hours that are open to the public vary. Click here for the up-to-date schedule or call 817-251-1668 to verify.
SCHEDULED / GUIDED TOURS
Tours for organizations and groups are welcome but need to be scheduled by calling the gallery at 817.251.1668. Guided tours are $3 per person with a $50 minimum. All group sizes are welcome, but groups over 35 or 40 may need to be divided into rotating sessions.
Help us make your group’s visit a positive experience:
- In order to best accommodate your group, we ask that you kindly pay one lump sum when you arrive.
- Because Vetro is a fully functioning production studio, we ask that you arrive on time. Late arrivals may need to be rescheduled.
- If you need to cancel for any reason, please provide us with at least 24 hours notice
- If you carry a large bag, backpack or purse, please be aware of your surroundings while near the gallery merchandise.
- Children tend to rise to the occasion. Briefly practicing proper “gallery browsing” prior to your arrival will help ease your nerves. (We love to educate children about art, so they are always welcome!)
- Students (and adults) can use “The Art of Glassblowing” section of this site as well as the Vetro Video Library for learning about glassblowing before arriving and for reviewing what they’ve learned after
- As you will see, the artists work extremely hard. Please consider expressing your gratitude with a contribution. All tips go directly to the studio artists working that particular day.
All workshops and classes are held at VETRO Glassblowing Studio in Grapevine TX. VETRO supplies all tools, glass and color within your designated time slot. You must be at least 18 years of age and no shorter than 5’2″ in height in order to operate the equipment safely. The paperweights must anneal (cool and strengthen) for a period of time after the class and will be ready for pickup or shipping 2 weeks following the class. Shipping is an additional charge.
Once we have received your form and payment or your information over the phone, we will send you a receipt and notice that will confirm the date of your class and list what items you need to bring (see below).
Reservations: Only paid reservations are guaranteed!
Cancellation: In case you need to cancel or reschedule a class, a full refund can only be issued if you provide 24-hours notice prior to your class time.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR TO CLASS (VERY IMPORTANT):
All clothing must be cotton
Long pants (NO SHORTS WILL BE ALLOWED)
Closed-tipped shoes (i.e. tennis shoes)
Long-sleeved cotton shirt – no billowy sleeves
Hat or headband
Long hair should be pulled back securely
Please eat a well-balanced meal before arriving to your class. Water and sports drinks are recommended; caffeinated beverages are not. A water fountain will be available to you at all times at the studio. All Alcoholic beverages or illegal substances before and or during any workshop are strictly prohibited.